GENERAL LIBRARY OBJECTIVES
The general objectives of the Gilmore City Library shall be:
1. To assemble, preserve, and administer, in organized collections, books and related educational and recreational material, such as AV materials, to promote through guidance and stimulation, the communication of ideas, enlightened citizenship and enriched personal lives.
2. To serve the community as a center of reliable information.
3. To support educational, civic, and cultural activities of groups and organizations.
4. To seek continually to identify community needs to provide programs for service to meet such needs and to cooperate with other organizations, agencies, and institutions which can provide programs or services to meet community needs.
5. To provide opportunity for technology using literature, videos, and electronic devices.
The Gilmore City Public Library shall be open as follows:
Monday 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm
Tuesday 1:00 pm to 6:00 pm
Wednesday 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm
Thursday 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm
Friday 1:00 pm to 6:00 pm
Saturday 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
Closing for bad weather will be at the discretion of the director.
Announcement is to be on Humboldt radio station if possible & Facebook.
Announcement will be on door of Library if possible.
THE LIBRARY SHALL BE CLOSED FOR THE FOLLOWING HOLIDAYS AND/OR THE SAME AS CITY HOLIDAYS
New Year’s Day Thanksgiving Day
Memorial Day Friday after Thanksgiving Day
Independence Day Christmas Eve
Labor Day Christmas Day
Veterans Day New Year’s Eve
Adopted as revised by the Gilmore City Public Library Board
February 25th 2010
April 24 2014
December 1st 2016
December 20th 2018
July 23rd 2020