Gilmore City Public Library Mission Statement
The Gilmore City Public Library was established for the purpose of providing the residents of the community and the surrounding area with access to books and other resources and services for education, information and recreation. It seeks to build knowledge, understanding, appreciation and wisdom in those it serves. The library strives to aid and encourage those of all ages in their pursuit of knowledge and in finding rewarding experienced through books and other library materials. The library is here to provide materials and services to serve responsibly the educational needs of individuals and groups of all ages in the community through:
1. Selection of books and other materials for use in the development and enrichment of the human spirit.
2. Provide advice and guidance in the use of these materials.
3. Information and research services to aid in the search for knowledge and learning.
4. Cooperation with groups and agencies in the community in stimulating educational and cultural activities.
5. Striving to keep pace with developing information technology so that all area residents will be insured equal access to electronic information resources.
In provision of materials and services the Library Board feels a deep responsibility under the Federal Constitution to promote the broad dissemination of ideas upon which a democracy thrives. To these ends, the Library Board supports the Library Bill of Rights as adopted and amended by the American Library Association.
Adopted as revised by the Gilmore City Public Library Board
November 29 2007
February 25th 2010
February 23rd 2012
August 29th 2013
November 26th 2013
April 24th 2014
December 1st 2016
August 30th 2018
July 23rd, 2020